Google My Business is another product offered by Google for free and is used mainly by local businesses.
It is designed for local businesses because it offers them online tools allowing them to have a contact window with users, prospects and customers. If you have a business and do not have a website, you can use this page to have an internet presence.
Google My Business, can be likened to a social network with very important benefits like advertising with Google AdWords, the organic SEO positioning of the website (if you have one) and to improve the experience of Users with the business.
Why register with Google My Business?
With a company profile in Google Business, you can make your business appear and stand out from the rest when users search for a company like yours.
At the same time, this service is integrated with My Google Maps. Thus, when users navigate the map, they can clearly see where your business is located. This is possible thanks to Google’s ability to determine the location of all companies that have registered with My Business.
Additional benefits of Google Business for companies
We don’t just talk about geolocation when we refer to Google My Business functions for companies. These are the rest of the advantages that you will get when you register your business with Google:
- You can provide useful and practical information to your customers: Data such as your business hours, your phone number or your website can be included in your Google My Business profile. In addition, both you and your customers can upload images of your store or your products.
- It allows you to communicate and share news : It’s not like a corporate blog, but it looks similar in some ways. Specifically, in relation to the possibility of communicating events, promotions, offers or any other interesting news related to your company.
- It is possible to interact with users: Google my Business allows users to make assessments and questions related to your offer. And it offers you the possibility to respond to these comments, thus interacting directly with users.
- It offers complete statistics: In addition to all of the above, with this tool you can learn how users interact with your business. Google my Business will provide you with information related to, for example, the way in which users find you or their origin.
How to register a business with Google?
Signing up for Google My Business is not complicated and it is also a free service. For all these reasons, if you or your customers have a physical business, you should not hesitate to register your company with Google.
Below we’ve outlined the process involved in registering your business with Google my business;
Create a Google account
Most likely, you already have a Google account, for example, to manage your company’s email. If so, the first step will be passed. And, if not, it’s time to open and set up a professional or business Gmail account .
Register your company with Google
To continue the process, you will have to go to the Google My Business website . Next, you will register your company and place it on the Google map.
It is possible that some user who knows your location has already indicated it, in which case what you should do is request the rights to manage the account. And, if it does not appear, you will have to add the data manually.
Verifiy after registering with Google
If you have not previously used other Google tools, such as Google Places or Google Search Console, you will have to verify your identity. There are two options:
- Request the sending of the verification code to the postal address you previously indicated.
- Require that the code be provided through a call to the telephone number provided.
ALSO READ: HOW TO GENERATE CAPITAL TO START A BUSINESS
Important data for the Verification of Google My Business Pages
It is important that you know some conditions and tips of this procedure; You should also know some causes of why you cannot verify your page:
- Google My Business pages are verified in most countries through a physical postcard that arrives at the business address . You will receive an envelope from Google where you will have a card with the validation code or numbers that you will enter on your Google My Business page.
- If in the verification process the platform gives you several verification options, such as: telephone call and / or email, it is the best option. If you do not have the option, you must accept or carry out the verification process by sending the verification postcard.
- The verification code is valid for 30 days , if it arrives after this period, the code will become invalid, in which case, you must follow the steps listed under the next heading.
- It is not necessary that you ask for more than 1 verification , if you have already requested the first one, it is sufficient, regardless of the problems you may encounter later. What you have to do is what I will explain below.
- If after requesting the verification of your page, you make any changes or edit any of the business information, that first code will not be valid and you will have to request a new one again.
I can’t verify the Google My Business Page. What should I do?
If you encounter any problem verifying your Google My Business page , you must complete the following 2 steps:
- Wait at least 30 days after requesting your verification code.
- Then, you must complete the following form >>Request Google My Business Manual Verification
By filling out the form in step 2 above, Google will make a phone call in a couple of days to verify all the information and activate it manually. Google has all the information and until the day you requested the verification code, don’t worry about it.
Optimizing the company profile
When creating the Google my business page, it is important that you stand out to be able to attract geolocated users and convert them into customers. Therefore, apart from filling in all the information related to your company’s information, we recommend following some specific tips and tricks.
Take note of:
- Consistency in the data: Not only do we refer to the fact that this data must be correct, but must be consistent with those that already appear on other sites (such as those on your website or billing information).
- Multiple locations : It is possible, if you have multiple outlets, that you want to include multiple locations. In that case, you only have to select this option when registering with Google.
- External evaluations : Not only the valuations made in Google My Business are relevant to the application, but also those that your clients make in other sites, such as local directories.
- Authority of the domain and your business in social networks : At the same time, when improving the positioning of your business in Google My Business, both the authority in social networks and the main web domain will be taken into account.
These are just some of the aspects that you should consider to have an optimized profile in Google My Business, because remember that the reputation and image we give on the Internet is super important to get clicks and conversions.